- Help for ECRs! The BES is running a Grant Writing Workshop for early career ecologists (26th-27th October) The workshop will include best practice and tailored support focused on converting a project idea into a grant or fellowship application
- For those that like their science illustrated: http://scientificillustration.tumblr.com/
- Anyone that missed the recent Symposium on Insect-Plant Interactions, FE Associate Editor Alison Bennett interviewed a number of researchers about their work on plant-insect-microbe interactions. You can listen to all the podcasts here.
- And if you missed ESA, David Gibson interviewed Frida Piper and Caroline Brophy. You can subscribe to the BES journal podcasts on itunes or rss or stream and download them all here.
- And last but not least, Tom Gauld’s cartoons for New Scientist.
This week’s @tomgauld cartoon – do @ anyone you think might sympathise pic.twitter.com/XZdG3Kmyec
— New Scientist (@newscientist) August 8, 2017
Jennifer Meyer is the Assistant Editor for Functional Ecology