- This week in Functional Ecology, a very interesting paper on how feeding behaviour and diet have been instrumental in shaping waterfowl beak shape . The author, Aaron Olsen, also put together a tutorial on how to create a “backtransform morphospace” in R.
- Two independent studies, published in Nature, show that mobility in research increases impact.
- If you want to move to a new lab; what to choose: a big lab or a small lab? Early career scientist may face this choice- some thoughts which may help you decide here.
- Nature Ecology & Evolution are compiling a list of conferences for 2018. Very useful.
- I got this link with an ‘a capella’ evo-devo explanation from my senior colleague. I loved it.
Bjorn Robroek is the blog editor for Functional Ecologists.